Total Page views

Followers

Saturday 8 September 2012


Having to catch up as my scanner is not working to get some of the work onto my blog.  I have had to revert to photographing it and then putting it into a folder and uploading that way. So catch up time if I can.  I have been working with copper wires for many years but decided to go back to gypsy knitting using silver wire. This is purely experimental and even included a section of beads which had already been threaded onto the wire.
Unfortunately I find the fine silver wire tarnishes and would need dipping in silver cleaner to keep it pristine but experimental work is always exciting and often leads you onto other things even though silver wire can be quite brittle if handled well you can create a good length to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment